If you only have 2 days in Bangkok to explore, you better make sure that you could at least cover some of the not-to-be-missed things to see and do when in the city. But thankfully, a little advance planning can go a long way in ensuring that you can make the most of your time there. Here are some of the things you would not want to miss on your visit.
1. Take a guided tour of the Grand Palace to see and learn as much as you can about this spectacular place that is one of, if not the most, famous attractions in the city.
2. From the Grand Palace, take a walk to Wat Pho or the Temple of the Reclining Buddha and see the massive 45-meter long and 15-meter high statue.
3. Visit the stunning Wat Arun, also known as the Temple of Dawn, that sits on the banks of the Chao Praya River, and watch the sunset from the top of the prang.
4. Head out to the quieter Wat Suthat and admire the architecture and wall arts in the complex. And just in the front right at the heart of a busy square sits the Giant Swing which is one of the city’s popular sights.
5. Get lost, in many delightful and delicious ways, in Chatuchak Market. Browse through the many stalls for some souvenirs and enjoy the scrumptious Thai dishes and treats you can find among the thousands of stalls in the area.
6. Make the one hour and a half journey to Ratchaburi to see the country’s renowned Damnoen Saduak floating market. Enjoy the scene in what is touted to be the Venice of the East and taste some of the delicious fruits and foods you can buy at reasonable prices.